Monday, May 23, 2016

Minecraft Mondays #19: Rabbit

Happy Monday!




We're up to block #19 this week. One more block after this to complete the original 20 blocks. If you're waiting for some alternatives, I'll be continuing Minecraft Mondays and posting those. More on that next week. :D




For now, let's get on to the rabbit.






Like all the other blocks, he's pretty simple.

You'll need two shades of brown/tan, pink, black, and blue (or any background color).

Cutting:

Darker brown: (2) 2 x 13"
              (1) 3 1/2 x 7"
              (1) 3 1/2 x 6 1/2"
              (4) 2 x 5"

Lighter brown/tan: (1) 2 x 13"

Black: (1) 2 x 7"

Blue: (1) 3 1/2 x 5"

Pink: (1) 2 x 3 1/2"


Prep: 

Stitch your (2) darker brown and (1) lighter brown/tan 2 x 13" strips together as shown below. 



Cut into (2) 5 x 6 1/2" rectangles.




Stitch your 3 1/2 x 7" rectangle of darker brown and your 2 x 7" strip of black together as shown below.




Cut into (2) 3 1/2 x 5" rectangles.




Assembly: Assemble in order of the numbered arrows.





Rabbit! :D





Also, I have some exciting giveaway news! My friend Lisa, from Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam -- a blog name you'll appreciate if you were alive in the 80's :D -- has started a long arm quilting business (her longarm machine/business is named Upstairs Birdie) and would like to offer one quilt along participant free edge to edge quilting of their Minecraft Quilt top! And 20% off to all other participants. Thanks Lisa! I'll share more about that contest in next week's post.



Happy Mining! I can't believe we've almost done 20 blocks!

Have a great week!

xoxo

*CLICK HERE for downloadable PDF*

*Edit 1/20/2020: Be sure to always use scant quarter inch seams and if you'd like to see blocks from the other sew alongs, come join the sew along group on my FB page! And if you make any of these blocks, come find me on IG @kellifanninquilts, I'd love to see! 

5 comments...:

margaret said...

This is so exciting! i'm glad it is winding down (as in finished quilt top) but also am going to feel like something is missing every Monday. Thank you!!!!

Unknown said...

Definitely going to miss having a new quilt block to work on every week. This sew-a-long was my first, and a LOT of fun! Thank you so much.

Do you have any idea how many more blocks you are planning to create? I'm toying with making the quilt bigger but already bought my sashing/border and backing fabrics. Still, I can revise....

Unknown said...

Just came across your sew along and can't wait to start making the blocks. My grandson loves Minecraft and I know he will love this quilt.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Me a Coffee

Shop My Store

Shop My Store
Patterns & Quilty Gifts

Easy-to-Piece, Beginner and Confident Beginner Friendly Quilt Patterns

SHOP ACCUQUILT!

SHOP ACCUQUILT!
Team GO Getter!

Click or Scan

gift guide

Can't find what you're looking for?

Follow on BloglovinFollow on Bloglovin Follow me on Feedly
Powered by Blogger.

Fabric for One Giant Stitch

Fun Block Ideas

Have a Question?

Latest Instagrams

Come Sew Along!

Harry Potter Sew Along Fabric Kit

Background

Come Sew Along!

Pokemon Sew Along Fabric Kit

Come Sew Along!

Minecraft Sew Along Fabric Kit

My Latest Pins

Fun Fabric Shops


 photo wintercloth_zps928f3480.jpg

............................