Monday, February 1, 2016

POP heART Quilt

I have a finish to share. Feels like forever since I actually finished anything! But the binding is on and it finally has a name -- POP heART.



It all started when, last year, I wanted to make a heart quilt. So I drew up this 3D heart that looks like it pops off of the quilt, and pulled out some rainbow-y brights that were gathering dust, and started to sew. :) I can say it is made 100% from my stash. :D




The red and green polka dots are from the older Riley Blake line, Rainy Days & Mondays, my most favorite FQ pack (and one of the first) that I ever bought. I still love that line, and one of my goals this year is to quilt the quilt that I made with it. It's in the UFO pile. :) Remember this?


I digress. haha Anyway, I have got to quilt that one. The umbrella print and dots are so happy! I used the Rainy Days & Mondays dots to bind this one, too.



And now it's all done! I'm not super happy with the lightest background stripe, I meant for it to be more of a subtle stripe in the background. But it's growing on me. Although the lighting in this pic is terrible!


It finishes out at 50 x 62", a good lap size, and is super beginner friendly! I think I sewed it up in a day. I worked it up in Valentine colors, too. :)


I think I'm gonna throw it in my Craftsy shop.

Happy February!


xoxoxo

links: too cute Tuesday, linky Tuesday, fabric Tuesday, sew cute Tuesday, handmade Tuesdays, from dream to reality, wow me Wednesday, wake up Wednesday, let's bee social, midweek makers, wip Wednesday, WOW Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, wicked awesome Wednesday, think tank Thursday, artsy-fartsy thursday, from house to home, TGIFF, can i get a whoop whoop, finish it up friday, show off friday, flaunt it friday, freedom friday, be inspired, fabric frenzy friday, wips be gone, WHOOMP there it is, the creative exchange

9 comments...:

Kate said...

Very bright and fun!

Love the bright colors and quilting detail on these hearts!

This is such a cute pattern! I quite like the striped background, and the 3D heart is fun. Thanks for linking to TGIFF :)

I really like this one, Kelli. I think my choice would be the brights, but I love all of those bright colored quilts. Nice quilting too!

Cute quilt! And the quilting is perfect for it.

Lindsey said...

What a lovely quilt Kelli! We featured your quilt over on the FWFS blog! Thanks for stopping by and linking up!

http://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com/2016/02/fabric-frenzy-friday-features.html

Lindsey

I like how the hearts nestle, Kelli. A lovely finish. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Me a Coffee

Shop My Store

Shop My Store
Patterns & Quilty Gifts

Easy-to-Piece, Beginner and Confident Beginner Friendly Quilt Patterns

SHOP ACCUQUILT!

SHOP ACCUQUILT!
Team GO Getter!

Click or Scan

gift guide

Can't find what you're looking for?

Follow on BloglovinFollow on Bloglovin Follow me on Feedly
Powered by Blogger.

Fabric for One Giant Stitch

Fun Block Ideas

Have a Question?

Latest Instagrams

Come Sew Along!

Harry Potter Sew Along Fabric Kit

Background

Come Sew Along!

Pokemon Sew Along Fabric Kit

Come Sew Along!

Minecraft Sew Along Fabric Kit

My Latest Pins

Fun Fabric Shops


 photo wintercloth_zps928f3480.jpg

............................