blog home of..

Click to listen!

Minecraft Mondays SewAlong

Powered by Blogger.

Fun Fabric Shops


 photo wintercloth_zps928f3480.jpg

.......

.......

Quilt and Sew Shop

Download a Pattern

Up 4 Grabs!

Seriously I think it needs stitches
Seriously I think it needs stitches

My Blog List

Monday, February 8, 2016

Minecraft Mondays Block #4: Alex

I can't believe this is already the 4th week! Hopefully, I'm not the only one who didn't know the name of this character. ;) (skin?) I guess they're called skins? Learning a lot as I go. This week is Alex. Another easy one. I first drew it up in these colors based on what I saw on my son's t-shirt.



But then I googled some images, and saw that the hair was a bit more red, and the eyes green? 


Photo via www.toywiz.com

So I decided to change the hair and eye color on my block. I could've picked a darker skin tone. She looks anemic, just like my Steve block. haha But I think it will look okay with the black sashing. I just wish the white square next to her eye stood out a little more. Sometimes I am fastastically contrastically challenged. :D

I also realize now that she has a white square next to each eye, but on my son's shirt it looked like the white square was only next to one eye--hopefully he won't mind the error artistic license. ;) You might wish to change it. If you do, just omit one of the 2 x 
3 1/2" rectangles of skin tone and replace with an extra 2 x 2" square of both skin tone and white. I'm just going to roll with it as is. Gives her some sass. :D





So what this block requires is a skin and hair tone, some pink for the mouth, a small square of white and a couple of small squares of eye color. I'm glad to be using up some of my scraps!!



Cutting:

hair: (1) 5 x 6 1/2"
      (1) 8 x 3 1/2"
      (1) 2 x 3 1/2"
      (1) 2 x 2"

skin: (2) 5 x 5"
      (1) 8 x 2"
      (5) 2 x 3 1/2"
      (1) 2 x 2"

eyes: (2) 2 x 2"

white: (1) 2 x 2"

mouth: (1) 2 x 3 1/2"




Assembly: Assemble each section in order of the numbered arrows, then stitch the two together. 




Alex!! I didn't have a chance to sash her onto the other three blocks yet, but next week, I will post a pic of the completed row one.



Thanks for coming by to visit and mining along with me. :D

Here are some past week block sightings, and a preview of next week's block. I was super excited to see that Melanie joined in! She and Eileen are making TWO quilts! Anita and I are still just making one. :) I love seeing their blocks each week!

mellierc's Steves


   sew_eileen          daydreamsofquilts


Next week, the cow. :) Didn't have to google that one. ;)


Also this week, I have about a one pound bag of scraps (a few are larger scraps/pieces) of Riley Blake's Blackbeard's Pirates fabric line that I used in my Captain Jack quilt to give away, if anyone is interested. I'll be posting a giveaway for those on Wednesday.

Happy Monday!
xoxoxo

*CLICK HERE for downloadable PDF*

Previous Block Tutorials:
Intro
1. Steve
2. Creeper
3. Skeleton


links: Round Tuit@Creating My Way to Success,
Craftastic Monday@Sew Can Do,Make it Pretty Monday@The Dedicated HouseBOMs Away Mondays @What a Hoot!Create Link Inspire@Naptime CreationsMonday Funday @ That's What (Che) SaidMain Crush Monday @ Cooking Up QuiltsDesign Wall Monday @ Patchwork TimesDesign Board Monday @ Bits 'n BobsMonday Making @ Love Laugh QuiltMade by You Monday @ Skip to my LouMotivate me Monday @ Keeping it SimpleCreative Mondays @ Claire JustineThe Creative Collection @ Craft-o-Maniac
Mad Skills Tutorial Party @ Mad in CraftsInspire Me Monday @ Create with JoyTOO Cute Tuesday@Funky Polka Dot GiraffeLinky Tuessday @Freemotion by the RiverFabric Tuesday@Quilt StoryShow & Tell@Sugar Bee CraftsSew Cute Tuesday @Blossom Heart QuiltsHandmade Tuesday @Ladybug BlessingsFrom Dream to Reality@The DIY DreamerScraptastic Tuesday@ she can quilttips & tutorials Tuesday @ Late Night QuilterFiber Tuesday @ the Quilting Room with Melhandmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug BlessingsTip me Tuesday @ Tip JunkieTutorial Tuesday @ Hope Studios, can I get a whoop whoop, finish it up Friday, showoff Friday, flaunt it Friday, freedom Friday, fabric frenzy Friday, whoomp there it is,

8 comments...:

margaret said...

I love scraps. I'm all up for your give away Wednesday, if i can remember!! So far 3/4 blocks done and my son only saw half of a block so he didn't quite know what it was for but he asked if it was for him!! AND my mom found out i was making son 1 a minecraft quilt but not son 2 and she said i better buy more fabric.

What fun!! I like the artistic change anyway!

Lynette said...

This project is really making progress! Yay for Alex :D

Laura Bray said...

My Minecraft-crazy daughter would love these!

Nicky said...

This looks a fun project for all minecraft lovers! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Cath said...

wow Kelli....you are such a 'supermom'...I hope you take a pic of your lil' mans face when he opens up this present.

Kelli, your blog has such a fun vibe to it. Your Minecraft blocks look like fun and I will enjoy watching your progress. Thanks so much for linking to MCM - have a great sewing week!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Subscribe

Mascot

Mascot
Buster the Newfie

......................

Vol. 10

Vol. 11

Vol. 12

Vol. 13

Vol. 14