- ► 2016 (55)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ▼ November (6)
- ► 2012 (89)
My Blog List
Since making my son a sock monkey quilt when he was two, I've been in love with sock monkeys.
Am I too old to love sock monkeys? Oh well. I do. :) I still have some of the leftover fabric from his quilt, and when I tested some blocks for my friend Beth's Kickin' Stash pattern, I made this sock monkey block.
Fast forward almost two years, I think? (that's how long this little block has been waiting for its forever home) And I find out via Facebook that my cousin's daughter is an avid lover of sock monkeys. :) A girl after my own heart. ;) With her mom's permission, I give you proof:
Links: What's it Wednesday, The DIY Dreamer, Wow Me Wednesday, Dandelion Wishes, Whip it Up Wednesday, We Did it Wednesday, Favorite Things Thursday, Really Random Thursday, Think Tank Thursday, Show Off Your Stuff, Show and Tell Thursday, Project Stash @ 7 Alive, Catch a Glimpse, Artsy Corner, Great Idea Thursday, Thursdays are your Days, Blog Stalking Thursday, Weekly Creative, Needle and Thread Thursday, Freedom Friday,
S o very many thoughts:
1. OMG is Kylie the cutest thing ever or WHAT? That Halloween costume is....is... I'm literally without words. It's amazing.
2. Don't be so sure she doesn't know the blog exists - one of Eva's BFFs follows mine. :)
3. But either way, she'll love it so much. The pouch is so darn adorable! In every possible way!
4. So happy you used the KS block.
5. I almost passed out at the photo of the KS block cut in half. The horror! But it all turned out well in the end.
6. I want to make zip pouches now. Perfect for the 16 year old niece who needs nothing but every kid needs a place to put makeup, jewelry, hair doodles, etc. So thanks for the inspiration.
So cute! Watch out, those pouches are addicting! I made some as thank you gifts for my daughter's teachers last year and am making more now as Xmas gifts. I thought they would help use up scraps but now I keep buying fabric thinking how cute it would look as a pouch. Oh well!