- ► 2016 (55)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ▼ 2013 (86)
- ► 2012 (89)
My Blog List
And I was finally able to start setting some rows together. This is my make shift design wall, a piece of batting hanging on some shelving.
The other rows are patiently awaiting their sashing so they can be sewn on, too.
Though the diamonds are frustrating, it's coming together quicker than I thought it would. Once I put all of the rows up with the portion I had already sewn together, I almost decided that it would look better with all white sashing.
But that would require a lot of ripping out, and besides, I have all of these cut out. So I'm just going with the original plan.
This is the pattern..
It's a free download. I don't know what I'm going to do with the border yet. I might make a scrappy border using all of the leftover fabrics from the RD&M FQ pack.
Well, off to bed as tomorrow is my helping parent day at kindergarten. Gonna link up with WIP Wednesday, Fabric Tuesday
and Freemotion by the River.
Hope you're having a good week so far!
OH! I almost forgot declare my intentions to "Drop and Give Me Twenty" for the month of February. A pledge to quilt 20 minutes a day Feb. 1 ~ Feb. 28, over at my friend Beth's blog. The button is up there in my side bar. If you want to go link up and join, there are tons and tons of prizes this year!
That's awesome you were able to figure out how to calculate the correct size and you kept working on this quilt!!! I probably would have "shelved" it for a bit. RD&M is one of my favorite lines ever. I made one of my first quilts from it.
Have a great day, can't wait to see it finished!
Kelli, it looks great! I know it is frustrating when things don't go according to plan but sometimes the results are even better! I'm glad you are leaving the smaller diamonds in the sashing....I think they really pop and set off the bigger diamonds!