Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Swoon-DONE! Plus a Buster moment.

I feel like jumping up and down and doing the happy dance!  The Swoon is DONE..  just the top, though.  Not the basting and quilting and all that.


In fact, that's what keeps me from doing the happy dance..  I have no idea how I'm going to quilt it.  Even if I just do straight lines, it's such a big beast, it'd be so hard to get through my smallish machine.  Or should I have it done on a long arm?  But that costs money, and well, it's huge, so it would cost even more.  ???  I'll have to think on it for a while.  I don't know what to do.


Anyway, here it is.. before I sewed on the outer borders.. so it's even bigger than this.  I had to move the table to lay it out in the floor.


I wish the green polka dot background fabric showed up a little more..  


And I think the backing fabric I bought for it isn't going to work.  Might have to find something else.  I do love red polka dots...  If I had all of these questions worked out in my mind, THEN I might be doing the happy dance!  


In other news, I have been painting this week.. still had two walls to paint in our spare room. Remember last summer when I started painting it?  Well, I got two walls painted light grey, and then went with a green that was too bright for the other two walls, and stopped after one wall.  So two grey walls, one light brown wall, and one bright green wall. ?? Well, it's about time!  I settled on a very light celery-ish green for the two non-grey walls, so got them painted this week, and am now working on the cutting in at the edges.
Someday soon, I hope to have a sewing table next to the computer desk in the spare room, instead of on the dining table. :o)


I can't leave without sharing a photo or two of Buster... Newfoundlands are very hairy and drooly dogs.  Here he is after eating his dinner the other night. :o)


Real Newfies Wear Drool.


He L-O-V-E-S to get his face wiped clean with a towel, too.  He will walk face first into a towel and let you scrub his head and face with it.  He's so very sweet and lovable..  And messy.  And lacks table manners... obviously. :o)


Gonna link up with W.I.P. Wednesday over @ Freshly Pieced. And Thursday Think Tank @ Making Rebecca Lynne.

40 comments...:

Vickie said...

Your Swoon is beautiful!

Michelle said...

Your swoon looks great... it's a bit late now perhaps but maybe you could've quilted each block individually and then joined them together...

Suz J said...

I've only got two blocks finished so far... but with a one a month goal, I'm getting there slowly. I think with such a large quilt it helps to plan your quilting on a block by block basis. That way you don't have to "move/travel" too much at a time. Sew the designated area then have a break - then shift to the next area, and sew another block.

mary mahoo said...

Your Swoon is beautiful! And the Newf,,,no words for him. (We have Doberman Pinschers x2, one red & one black).There are few more glorious sights (in my mind anyhow) than watching a Newf sway & shashay from behind as he's walking. Lucky lady to have him. (The Dobe's don't sway, they jump like deer.)

Anonymous said...

Kelli your swoon quilt is awesome,what a wonderful job,well done.xx

Manda said...

aw buster is cute! swoon looks great! :)

Tiffany said...

Lol Buster! what a mess! So glad Winston is drooley but not to that extreme lol.

beaquilter said...

and I thought my Peanut could only look like that, my bullmastiff is not long haired so it's easier?? maybe, but he hates to get wiped, so he'll run away with a foot long slobber on each side and it will fling side to side and land who-know-where... I'm a long arm quilter and I don't think I would even attempt to quilt this on the domestic if it's that big, how big is it? either an over all flower and leaf design or something curvey on each petal/block.

Your swoon is gorgeous ... can't wait to see it with the borders and quilted all up!

Ellen said...

Okay...Buster looks just gross but I am sure he is the most lovable, adorable, precious, gentle giant. I know how much I love my pup and how a lot of 'eewww - that's just gross' can be forgiven!!

Your Swoon top is fantastic!!

your swoon is beautiful! You should be jumping and happy dancing! I'm sure you'll find a great way to quilt it...

Diane Wild said...

How big is that quilt, anyway? It's really pretty. And so is your Newfi. Who wouldn't love a face like that?

Sue Daurio said...

oooooo ahhhh, look at that your swoons are all so happy together! congrats on getting it done. I still have four to go. All cut just need to get them together. Before I read about your little sweetie, I thought he got into the paint, but nope he was just being who he is :)

Your quilt is great, go ahead and do the dance. You can do another one when it's completed.

What about hand quilting the swoon? I have a great PVC plastic frame that only takes 5 minutes to assemble and put the quilt into. You could quilt it using bigger stitches, kinda like sashiko stitches. Pick fun colors of threads for each block.... lots of ideas.

jen said...

LOL! Yeah REAL NEWFIES DROOL!
OMG I am laughing so hard right now at Buster's slobber covered face!
You should be so proud!

I think Buster needs a napkin!! Honestly, I've never seen anything like it!! I love your Swoon, I hope you get your quilting dilemmas sorted, the top looks fabulous!

Kris said...

Kelli - Your Swoon is just simply fabulous!! And those pictures of Buster are hilarious!! Ick!! My dog doesn't drool but she too LOVES to have her face rubbed with a towel!! I love the idea of red dots for your Swoon back - seems so Swoony!! Can't wait to see your new "sewing" room!! Kris

Rosa said...

It`s fantastic and buster is adorable!

Brandie said...

You start with beauty and end with a very messy beast. Eewww!

Swoooooooon Hoooooooo!

Yep. I'm a dork.

Snoodles said...

Gorgeous! Great job!

Your quilt is beautiful. I could give Buster a great big hug. He just looks so lovable. Good thing that quilt was not near him when he was having dinner. Thanks for sharing

Remington said...

Love the quilt! I don't understand why people don't think DROOL IS COOL! I mean....really!

Becky said...

Congratulations on completing your swoon project! Doesn't it feel soooo good? Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Congrats for finishing the Swoon to flimsy stage. Looks wonderful!!! Painting? arrrrgh... on the agenda here, too. But OTHER things take precedence. OH! That face!!! So glad Winston is small... and a bit tidier with his meals.... whew!

Angela said...

Your quilt is great! Don't let it sit too long in the WIP pile. My dogs are messy too, but I think Buster takes the cake! I'm glad he likes to get his face wiped :)

Kirsten said...

Love your Swoon - congratulations on finishing it! I have only g=done 3/9 blocks as I keep finding other things to make:)

Have a happy hop while you're thinking ;o) Yay for finishing the top anyway! As for Buster, what a messy mutt!

quiltmania said...

Your swoon looks great, and Buster is adorable. I'm just happy I'm not the one wiping his face. LOL!

Swoon looks great! Don't you just love it. As for quilting - you know I did that queen size quilt on my home sewing machine. It's doable! I really didn't have any problems. I like the celeryish green you have. That will look very nice with the grey. And I bet it feels good to get it done after all this time. Oh My Gosh! That dog is sometime else! Totally cute picture!

mtnquiltr said...

Your Swoon looks wonderful, the quilting will come together a little at a time, don't worry!
And I love Buster, how sweet!

Your Swoon quilt is just fantastic! I think you cannot make any thing wrong with red polka dots - it is one of my favourite basic fabrics that I use in almost every quilt and it will look great as backing for your swoon.

Patti said...

Oh Kelli, I'm swooning over your Swoon! Absolutely wonderful! I only completed 4 blocks. One is for practice quilting, and then I purchased a couple 24" pillow forms so I'll see how they look!
Love Buster! He is so cute...from afar. Ha!Ha! Our cats spend their days grooming each other. Gotta love our pets!

Sandy said...

LOL! I just love the photos of Buster! It's a good thing he likes having his face rubbed with a towel.
Your Swoon quilt is fabulous! Have you thought about hand-quilting? It is very relaxing....just a thought

Sharon said...

Your Swoon looks so pretty! Can't wait to see what you decide for the backing and how to quilt it. :)

LOL, I would still have to just love on that big baby drool and all. Your swoon is pretty but Buster just takes the show in my book :)

Wendy said...

Your Swoon quilt is gorgeous, you must be so happy to have it at this stage. Buster is gorgeous too, drool and all!!

Nancy said...

Buster is really adorable and your quilt is perfectly done.

Cheers,
Nancy on Newfoundland training expert

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Me a Coffee

Shop My Store

Shop My Store
Patterns & Quilty Gifts

Easy-to-Piece, Beginner and Confident Beginner Friendly Quilt Patterns

SHOP ACCUQUILT!

SHOP ACCUQUILT!
Team GO Getter!

Click or Scan

gift guide

Can't find what you're looking for?

Follow on BloglovinFollow on Bloglovin Follow me on Feedly
Powered by Blogger.

Fabric for One Giant Stitch

Fun Block Ideas

Have a Question?

Latest Instagrams

Come Sew Along!

Harry Potter Sew Along Fabric Kit

Background

Come Sew Along!

Pokemon Sew Along Fabric Kit

Come Sew Along!

Minecraft Sew Along Fabric Kit

My Latest Pins

Fun Fabric Shops


 photo wintercloth_zps928f3480.jpg

............................