blog home of..

Pokemon Fridays

Pokemon Fridays
Sew Along Page

Fabrics I'm Using

Fabrics I'm Using
Click Here for Info

Click to listen!

Powered by Blogger.

Minecraft Mondays

Fabrics I Used

Fabrics I Used
Click Here for info

Fun Fabric Shops


 photo wintercloth_zps928f3480.jpg

............................

Up 4 Grabs!

Seriously I think it needs stitches
Seriously I think it needs stitches

My Blog List

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Felt Hair Brush Pin Cushion

A hair brush pin cushion.. Yes. :o)  Remember my previous post where I was daydreaming about pin cushions? Well, ever since I pinned this one on Pinterest, it has had me hooked.  So this afternoon-- armed with two sheets of felt, some torn up batting scraps, a couple of small pieces of card stock (taped together) and some embroidery floss-- I set out to make one.  And it turned out like this:

It maybe took an hour, and I just love it.  Thank you Pinterest!

Here are some pics of the process:






And now my little tomato is not so all alone. :o) 

Cross that off my list of 2012 things to try.  It was so much fun, though, I will probably be trying some more.

This was my inspiration:

It is from Phar-ma.com, and there is also a tutorial there.

With pin cushions on the brain, I'm going to go and link up @ MRL's Thursday Think Tank.  Can't believe I made something *Pinterest-inspired*. It might just become a habit. ;)

Happy Thursday!

23 comments...:

What a fantastic pin cushion..

sunny said...

Aren't you just the clever one? How very cute.

Peg said...

What a great idea! I really thought that there was an old hair brush underneath there!

Janine said...

I love it! I like yours even better than the original:)

shez said...

very clever Kelli,well done.xx

Kathy said...

Very Cute - and I love your How-to photos!

That is beyond adorable:)

Good job!! Your pincushion is gorgeous.

That is just too cute! Even I could do that one (and I just might have to, too).

I've been on a kick of making pincushions myself lately and I'm going to have to try this one out! So cute!

Melody said...

So clever and very cute.

bichonpawz said...

Great pin cushion! I am totally hooked on Pinterest! Soooooo many things....so many ideas! Love it!

Tanya said...

So Cute...and so clever. I love it.

the pincushion is so cute...really lovely that may have to end up on the to do list

Angela said...

That is a super cute pincushion! Just don't ever put it in the bathroom where it could get mistaken for the real thing :)

Karima said...

What a great idea - love it!

oh my god, I love that...think its a to do thing :)

jen said...

That is so crafty! I wish I was crafty and creative like this! I try and try but it just isn't happening!

Patty said...

This is one of the cutest ideas I have ever seen for a pin cushion. Love it!

Genius, the problem is now I've seen it I HAVE to make one, when am I going to fit that in?!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Subscribe

Mascot

Mascot
Buster the Newfie 2009-2017

......................

Vol. 10

Vol. 11

Vol. 12

Vol. 13

Vol. 14

Vol. 15