Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In Results!

I did it!!  I can't believe I finished all four of my EvaPaige Quilt Design SNY blocks for FNSI!  


It actually turned out to be a "Friday Sew-In" for me, since it took me the better part of the afternoon to decide on which scraps to use/pair together and cut all of the little pieces.  Once I got the hang of it, it went much faster but since it was a new pattern, and for a group quilt/swap I wanted to be extra careful to get it right.




Here is the first block..Ta-Da!


(I kind of LOVE it!)

Then there is #2:

(I had to incorporate some sock monkey scraps.)

And then there is #3:

(Now can you tell that I love dots-they are everywhere.)

And then for #4, oranges:

(the very lightest fabric came to me from Kathy in Australia.  That will be a well traveled fabric. From Australia to California and now winging its way to Massachusetts.)

No pin cushion making went on last night, just block sewing, but I am so glad I got to spend some QT with my sewing machine and make these fantastic blocks.  I just love the pattern.  


Thanks Beth for finding me in blog land.  If you're interested in making some of these, visit Beth's page, EvaPaige Quilt Designs.  It helped me to keep plugging along last night knowing that there were others out there sewing away, too. :o)  I'm looking forward to having some free time later to surf through the FNSI links and also the Pin Cushion Parade links at Love Laugh Quilt.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!


**Update** I just found out Beth is no longer taking volunteers to make the Scrappy New Year blocks.. also, she is planning on publishing this pattern in a few months, and so I whited out my little measurements that I had written on some of my pieces.  So as not to give away someone's copyrighted material. Woops! My real blocks don't have little white blobs all over them. :o)

34 comments...:

Peggy said...

What a great block - is there a name for it? Super work on FNSI

You got a LOT accomplished! I love the orange block - it's so cheerful :)

The blocks are beautiful and what an undertaking. Good Job!

Ooh, love these blocks, well done for getting them all done :o)

Kim said...

The blocks are very pretty. Great job!

Rhonda said...

Those blocks are great. I love all the difference colors.

I think the green block is my favourite and certainly when you put them together they all look great. I'm glad to hear yours was more of a 'Friday' sew-in than just the evening as mine was a bit like that too.

I love that my block is feeling the love already! I do wish we could share more of the details, but it isn't a done pattern yet and it will be a while. Stay tuned ladies! Thanks for whiting out, Kelli. Wow that is a lot of white out. Glad I sent that note today before you gave away all my secrets! :)

I know right? lol Only a couple measurements were clear.. Most were blurry idiot proof marks for myself. I just whited out any and everything that appeared to be a mark of any kind just in case. My process worked tho.. I didn't have to use my seam ripper once! :o)

Anonymous said...

whow Kelli what a mighty FNSI you had your quilt looks fantastic,well done.xx

Googy Girl said...

wow you had a Great FNSI
the blocks look great

Vicki said...

Popping in from FNSI - those blocks are stunning

What a fun pattern- I love all the different color combinations.

meg said...

Your blocks look terrific! I love the sock monkeys! WTG!

WOW!!! Fantastic blocks - I'm going to have to check out that pattern....

Brenda said...

Love the blocks! I was wondering what the whit marks were then thought maybe it was a pattern on the fabric. lol. The fabrics are wonderful and took another look after reading to the end. You got quite a lot accomplished!

Gayle said...

Beautiful Blocks, Love the orange and blue.

Teresa F. said...

That block is fabulous. Thanks for the link. I love the colors you used. Great FNSI.

Anonymous said...

what a productive Friday Night Sew-in you had! I love all the blocks you made..great choices of colors. I am looking forward to seeing the finished pin cushion. :)

Maria said...

Kelli I just love your blocks. Your colour choice is fabulous.
Great FNSI for you.

Ellen said...

Your blocks look great. A friday night well spent!

Janet said...

Tee hee - I thought the white blobs were part of the fabric. That is a clever and complex block - but my goodness they turned out pretty! I follow a zillion blogs but still miss out on things going on - like this group quilt project and the pincushion parade! Thanks for leading me to that!

Unknown said...

Your blocks are fantastic...love the orange one

Love the blocks, such wonderful colours!

Hi, Kelli. Your blocks are great--fun colors and the mix of solids and prints adds interest. I also enjoyed your post on your pincushion research--I had no idea! I think I need a new pincushion!
best, nadia

Now these look like really fun blocks to make. They all turned out wonderful. You did an excellent job on the fabric selection. Looks like Beth has a winner of a pattern going there. She should be able to sell a lot.

Debbie said...

What great blocks! Good job!!

Great job getting the 4 blocks finished! Love the colors!

Sandy said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I need to be that focused and get things done!

Really darling blocks. I love the color and motion they create.

You certainly got a lot done for FNSI...I was away and missed out on playing this time...that looks like a fun block, like your fabric combos...

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Me a Coffee

Shop My Store

Shop My Store
Patterns & Quilty Gifts

Easy-to-Piece, Beginner and Confident Beginner Friendly Quilt Patterns

SHOP ACCUQUILT!

SHOP ACCUQUILT!
Team GO Getter!

Click or Scan

gift guide

Can't find what you're looking for?

Follow on BloglovinFollow on Bloglovin Follow me on Feedly
Powered by Blogger.

Fabric for One Giant Stitch

Fun Block Ideas

Have a Question?

Latest Instagrams

Come Sew Along!

Harry Potter Sew Along Fabric Kit

Background

Come Sew Along!

Pokemon Sew Along Fabric Kit

Come Sew Along!

Minecraft Sew Along Fabric Kit

My Latest Pins

Fun Fabric Shops


 photo wintercloth_zps928f3480.jpg

............................