- ► 2016 (55)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (86)
- ► 2012 (89)
- As promised, an embarrassing moment..
- My FIRST Giveaway!!! Spread the word!
- Missing my ticker..
- Back from vacation in time to enter a giveaway..
- Friday Night Sew-In
- A Hexi-plan :)
- My Hexie Collection & A Package
- Tuesday Treasures
- It's almost here!
- We haven't forgotten you...
- Kite Blocks Revisited..
- Trying Something New
- Tuesday Treasures
- Easy Weekend Treat--Recipe
- A Friday Finish!
- Small Blog Meet
- ▼ September (17)
My Blog List
There is a proverb that says, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine, but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Come, be merry, and share your humiliation and have a laugh, too! :)
What kind of host would I be, if I asked you to share, but wasn't willing to share myself. So today, I will post one of my most embarrassing moments. There are so many to pick from. Oy. But this one really stands out!
I was 19, and was asked to be a candle lighter in a friend's wedding. The other candle lighter was one of my best friends.
So there we were, on the stage, lighting the candles while the song was being sung.. all of mine are lit, and I look over at my friend Julie, who is really struggling with her candles not lighting.. I feel a moment of panic for her and decide to just stand in place while she finishes..
Then, I look up at my candles and half of them have gone out. I had to do a double-take to believe it, but yes, they were not lit anymore. I take a deep breath and start lighting them again. It was a cluster type of candelabra where you had to reach between the candles to light the higher ones. Being very careful not to catch my wrist corsage on fire while doing this, (that thing was like a tree! from wrist to elbow almost!) I glance at Julie, still struggling. Then I glance back.. my wrist corsage is fine, but the ivy adorning my lighter-candle that I'm using has caught FIRE!!!! Fire, I tell you! I quickly pull it close to me, trying to hide it from the audience and try to snuff it out/blow it out, etc. Luckily, it just kind of melted and turned to ash, which fell to the floor and left black soot. On the floor and on my hands.
By this time, Julie is still struggling to keep her candles lit (what is it with these candles!!!) and the song is over, and it is silence in the church. We finally looked at each other and shrugged and just went and sat down. I could not have been more embarrassed!! Oh, except at the end of the wedding when we were ushered out and I had black soot on my hands! And saw the faces in the audience of people I knew who were laughing or smiling at me. I had the nickname of "church burner" for a long time after that. Wow. My face is red just thinking about that. :)
Now, come and enter my very first giveaway. For three little fat quarters, 30's print, a Mary Englebreit panel that would make a great wall hanging and/or pillows, and a great computer program. If they're not for you, then they might make a good gift for someone you know. Esp. if you know someone who scrapbooks. Here is a little short video about the computer software:
Thanks for reading.. come join the fun! :) Go to this post and enter. You can have up to five chances to win.
I was on a plane with a friend who was pregnant. She was taken ill and so the flight attendant wanted to move her to the rear of the plane where there was oxygen. She was helped down the isle and I was left with our bags, magazines etc so my arms were very full. Of course everyone was curious and looking probably thinking she had gone into labour. As I tried to follow behind her I couldn't move. I tugged and tugged. The elastic waist band of my skirt was caught on the arm rest and as I tugged it broke and my bottom was exposed to the whole plane.
I am still laughing at yours and Melody's comment above. Years ago when Ian and I were going out we had been to a local lake for a swim, well Ian stepped on some glass and cut his feet rather badly. We drive back to town to the Doctor's then a visit to the hospital was required. Well at that time hospitals and me didn't mix,they draped green cloths all over Ian and asked me to sit next to him. The Doctor came and started stitching and of course I started to faint. The nurses didn't know what to do so I was put in a wheelchair to be taken outside for some fresh air. It was a hot 45 degrees celcius day so I was pushed back inside. We still remember that day. I would have to say it has happened several times since.
lol - funny, funny! When i was about 19 I was at a party wearing a new circular skirt that was all soft and drapey. The Nutbush came on and I got up to dance. Whilst dancing, I was doing the turn part and getting all 'so you think you can dance' and sort of bobbing down before jumping up and turning. Of course, the person behind me trod on my skirt - elastic waist - the skirt stayed on the floor while I jumped up and around in my knickers. I went home!
I passed out while I was a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding. I was sick before the wedding, and my mother had told me that, whatever I did, don't pass out, or my aunt would never forgive me. Well, I was mortified! After the wedding, we all got back to my aunts house, and I asked her if I could call my mother (long before cell phones). She followed me back to her room, then asked what was wrong. I burst into tears and told her what my mother had said. This aunt, that I'd been scared of all my life, started laughing. She then told me that everyone was worried that the groom would pass out, and that she hadn't even noticed anything until my uncle got up to get me. She thought it was funny! I wasn't scared of her (much) after that.